Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 10: AHHHHH

So, I just met with Chris, the director of the Recreation and Fitness Center on campus. Apparently, Valerie (a friend of mine who does social media for them) read my blog post about my Disney fitness class idea and loved it, showed it to her bosses (who also loved it) and then told me that those bosses wanted to meet with me as soon as possible to talk about it. So that is what happened today.

I told Chris about my idea and he said he loved it and was really excited about it. He then asked me if I could put together a 20-30 minute sample class and, sometime before the end of next week, teach this sample class to a few of the fitness instructors there. This would be my "interview" of sorts. If they like it and think I can handle it, they want to put me on the schedule for the spring/summer semesters. In other words, I WOULD BEGIN IN JUST A FEW WEEKS.

I. Am. Freaking. Out.

I am so excited about this idea and so happy that it might actually happen. God is definitely smiling on me, because He is furthering this along far more quickly than I would have imagined. However, I AM SO NERVOUS. Not only have I never officially taught anything before (I help teach a song I helped choreograph in Zumba, and I've helped teach the routines in choir back in high school, but that's it), but I have also never done any real choreography. I don't even know if I CAN do choreography. And now I have about a week to choreograph my whole class. TERRIFYING, let me tell you. Thrilling, but terrifying.

Soooooo I have class in ten minutes, but I really just wanted to tell you all about this. I am so excited and so nervous and so adslfkjsadkfj. This is just crazy as heck and fast and new and I'm sorry for the rambly post but ahhhhhh! Okay. Talk to you guys tomorrow. <3

Currently reading: Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi
Song of the Day: Love Don't Roam cover- Halia Meguid

No comments:

Post a Comment